This cute brain-themed shapes craft is very fun and super adorable! Kids can let their creativity shine with how they choose to create their brain-themed shapes. Plus, this bookmark craft becomes a great little keepsake or gift. I think reading is heaps of fun, but even better when I see a cute little brain peaking over my book and holding my page for me!
- glue or tape,
- paper clips,
- OPTIONAL: fancy paper or water color painting supplies (paper, paint, paintbrushes, water)
- Print out your template of choice.
- Make your brain-themed shapes:
- Option 1: Cut out the template pieces. If you chose the B&W pieces, color them in!
- Option 2: Trace the template pieces onto fancy paper (construction or scrapbook paper) and cut out the brain-themed shapes.
- Option 3: Use different painting techniques (like water colour painting) to decorate a sheet of paper. Then trace the template pieces onto the painted paper and cut out the brain-themed shapes.
- TIP (if you chose options two or three to create your shapes): For some of the shapes (gear-head and brain-lightbulb) you will need to split the template piece into multiple sections to get the different colours and then tape or glue the pieces together to create the overall brain-themed shape.
- Glue (or tape if you want it to be less permanent) paper clips to the bottoms of your brain-themed shapes.
- I recommend using hot glue if you want the bookmarks to last longer, but make sure to supervise or assist children with this part.
- Slide the paper clip onto a book page to secure your spot. Your little flowers will peek out the top of the book to cheer you on and remind you where you left off!